Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Stranger and Seperation Anxiety

Tessa now shows such anxiety when Rob and I leave the room or even put her down so we can go to the bathroom! Its really hard. She's been sick for the last week and of course its been much worse with her being sick...I mean the poor thing couldnt breath and had an ear infection and just wanted to be held. So I understand her wanting to be with us when she's sick but now that shes better its not getting that much better. I know its completely normal and every kid goes through this in their own way but do I let her cry hysterical? For how long? I reassure her that we're here and Rob and I are trying not to pick her up everytime she cries...we simply get down with her and reassure her that we're not leaving. What do you think? What did you guys do? How long did this last for you? Its all new to us!!!

Last night we went for my 6 month check and the baby's heartbeat was really strong! yay! There's nothing better than to hear your child's heartbeat loud and clear! I've gained 20 pounds so far and definently feel like I've gained way more than that. Not only that but Im just so tired when I actually get a chance to sit down at the end of the night from working, Tessa and being preggers!! Thank God Rob is such a help because I just dont know what I'd do without him.

Another thing that absolutely helps is Tessa is sleeping through the night consistently now (it ONLY took about 9 and a half months!!!-yes, there's sarcasm in there). I mean she really has been sleeping well for months on end, however I couldnt wait until she could sleep through the night from when I went to bed to when I woke up. When it comes to her naps shes the best napper and Rob and I love that we can put her right down and she just goes to sleep immediately. I have to give credit to all the people who helped me do that!! ANd I know that if I went through the sleep training with Tessa I can get through her anxiety, right??

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely, You will get through the anxiety stuff. It may take a while... and there is nothing that you do or don't do that will make her stop. It is a phase they go through. Lilly didn't do it that young... but she did it when she hit 2 1/2 yr. it was about a 4-6 month ordeal... and finally she got through it. You are doing the right thing, don't always pick her up... but keep reassuring her you are there. She'll get the point!

    Kris, may I say stop doubting yourself? You are a great mom... your intuition is correct... what you are doing is just the right thing... I know as a mom, you want to hear what others have done and need the support from them... but girl... you are more of a mom than you realize. You are AWESOME!

    Love you honey!

    ReplyDelete